- Academic Bowl Club is run by Ms. Amy Jeffers and is open to 6th, 7th and 8th graders. Beaubien is a consistent winner in this citywide competition. Just check out the banners in our main hallway!
The club runs for ten weeks and meets on Mondays from 1:45 to 2:45. In this club, students play quiz games with buzzers and learn a variety of facts. Five 7th and 8th grade club members are chosen to participate at the Region 1 Academic Bowl. In the Academic Bowl, a series of teams for various schools compete against each other for the championship and a chance to win the Citywide Academic Bowl. Even though 6th graders are excluded from being members of the Bowl team, it is a good experience for them and they will know what to do at the Bowl if they are chosen for the team next year.
Another part of being in Academic Bowl Club is the chance to participate in the individual math, speech, and writing competitions. There are two categories, intermediate and upper, one 6th grader being able to participate in the intermediate category and one 7th or 8th grader being able to participate in the upper category. For more information about Academic Bowl, also known as the Academic Olympics, get in touch with Ms Amy Jeffers.
- Drama Club is open for incoming 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. The club
is run by Mr. Karlin. Club members learn about acting, running and
organizing a play, and having fun in the meantime.
- Math Club is run by Mrs. Levin and is open to incoming 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. This club runs for ten
weeks and meets on Mondays from 1:45 to 2:45. In Math Club, students play various mathematical and logical games,
such as 24 or chess, and students that win at these games win "rainbow tickets" which are each worth one point and can be used on tests as extra credit. Playing these types of games help students expand their thinking and builds competitiveness. For more information on the Chicago Public Schools Math & Science Initiative http://www.cmsi.cps.k12.il.us/
- This club meets after school, between the hours of 1:45 - 3:10.
Students bring in their homework, and are seated according to grade
level. The teachers assist with homework until the students reach an
independent level of understanding. Students also may help each other in
order to understand and complete their assignments. Students from all
grade levels love the program. For more information contact the school
- At Beaubien we have a basketball program for students in the 6th, 7th, and 8th grades. During this program we have two separate leagues, one for the 6th grade and one for the 7th and 8th grade. All you have to do to play is bring shorts, gym shoes, and a great attitude. The Beaubien shirt will be provided. Preseason schedule is as follows. For more information contact Mr. Gierke.
All players are scheduled to participate in a series of instructional sessions before teams are formed. Attendance at these 1:45 to 2:45 sessions is required preparation for the upcoming season.
- Just like we have a basketball program, we also have a volleyball program at Beaubien. You have to be in the
6th, 7th or 8th grade. This program has two leagues, so the 6th grade students are separated into one league
and the 7th and 8th grade are in the other league. This program is a lot of fun. All you have to do to play
is bring shorts, gym shoes, and a great attitude. For more info contact Mr. Gierke.
Special Events and Activities